Ten Things to Know Today
1. It's icy. Be careful driving and walking.
2. The keep the Chilkat River Beaches non-motorized ordinance has a first hearing tonight at 6:30. If you can't make it contact an assembly person to voice support. What a great thing the assembly can do for us all, forever.
3.The bald eagle festival continues, here's the link to the schedule.
4.Thursday the men's and women's choirs sing at the Eagle Foundation at 7:00.
5. Also Thursday it's the Wild and Scenic film festival and salmon dinner at Harriett Hall beginning at 5:30.
6. There are open Houses at the Searhc Clinic Thursday and Friday 10-2.
7. There's a square dance Friday night at the ANB Hall 7-9.
8. Oh my Gosh! Already? Saturday is the Women's Club Holiday Bazaar 10-2 at the school.
9. It's time to start thinking about shopping locally. Great stuff at Olerud's, Buckshot and Bobby Pins, and the bookstore. (I just ordered 5 copies of Mary Oliver's new book of poems, Dog Songs. Planning ahead.)
10. Think about this today: "Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like wild geese, harsh and exciting-- over and over announcing your place in the family of things." From Wild Geese by Mary Oliver.